Ever wondered why you get along well with some people, but others irritate you without even trying? Understanding astrological compatibility can help you see WHY some relationships are easy (or challenging), and how you can improve your relationships by focusing on your individual strengths.
Listen or watch this episode on Apple, Spotify, Youtube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
There are TWO basic rules for determining whether signs are compatible with each other. Firstly, check the element of the sign. Signs of the SAME element are generally considered compatible.
Fire signs are generally compatible with air signs, and water signs are generally compatible with earth signs – although there are exceptions to this rule.
Fire signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
Earth signs are Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn.
Air signs are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.
Water signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
The next thing to consider when determining compatibility is the aspect of the signs. This gets a bit more technical if you’re brand-new to astrology, but basically – signs that make a sextile angle with each other are compatible. That means 60 degrees – or you can count two signs away.
- Aries makes a sextile with air signs Aquarius and Gemini – making these air signs compatible with Aries. However, the other air sign, Libra, is INCOMPATIBLE with Aries as it makes an opposite angle, 180 degrees.
- Taurus makes a sextile with water signs Pisces and Cancer.
- Gemini makes a sextile with fire signs Aries and Leo.
- Cancer makes a sextile with earth signs Taurus and Virgo.
- Leo makes a sextile with air signs Gemini and Libra.
- Virgo makes a sextile with water signs Cancer and Scorpio.
- Libra makes a sextile with fire signs Leo and Sagittarius.
- Scorpio makes a sextile with earth signs Virgo and Capricorn.
- Sagittarius makes a sextile with air signs Libra and Aquarius.
- Capricorn makes a sextile with water signs Scorpio and Pisces.
- Aquarius makes a sextile with fire signs Sagittarius and Aries.
- Pisces makes a sextile with earth signs Capricorn and Taurus.
So, what signs are compatible with your sun sign? By now you should be getting an idea of which 4 signs are most compatible with your sun sign – the two signs that share the same element as your sun sign, and the two signs that make a sextile aspect with your sun sign.
- Aries is compatible with Aquarius, Gemini, Leo and Sagittarius.
- Taurus is compatible with Pisces, Cancer, Virgo and Capricorn.
- Gemini is compatible with Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius.
- Cancer is compatible with Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces.
- Leo is compatible with Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius and Aries.
- Virgo is compatible with Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn and Taurus.
- Libra is compatible with Leo, Sagittarius, Aquarius and Gemini.
- Scorpio is compatible with Virgo, Capricorn, Pisces and Cancer.
- Sagittarius is compatible with Libra, Aquarius, Aries and Leo.
- Capricorn is compatible with Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus and Virgo.
- Aquarius is compatible with Sagittarius, Aries, Gemini and Libra.
- Pisces is compatible with Capricorn, Taurus, Cancer and Scorpio.
Comparing sun signs is just ONE way to determine compatibility between people though. There’s so much more to consider, such as Venus signs, Moon signs, and the rest of the chart! Discover how to read relationship charts while exploring your own strengths, desires & needs in relationships in the Astrology Love & Compatibility online course – now available in the Herbal Moon Goddess Academy. Enrol now to gain instant access to self-paced lessons & workbooks!
Comment below and let me know: What signs are YOU compatible with? Did this make sense for some of your relationships? Let me know what insights you gained from this lesson!